Senior Manager - Stakeholder Engagement & Communications
Newcastle or Sydney
Senior Manager – Stakeholder Engagement & Communications
Are you passionate about communication? Do you have experience developing effective stakeholder engagement and communication strategies?
If so we would like to hear from you!
The NSW Rural Doctors Network (NSWRDN) is currently seeking the services of Senior Manager – Stakeholder Engagement & Communications to lead, develop and activate engagement and communication strategies to support achievement of its strategic goals.
Reporting to the General Manager the position will lead the development of operational stakeholder engagement plans, oversee communication and network marketing activities as well as liaise with, and provide accurate and timely information to the media.
About the NSW Rural Doctors Network:
RDN is a non-government, not for profit organisation that aims to ensure that the highest possible standard of healthcare is provided to rural and remote communities through the provision of programs to attract, recruit and retain a highly skilled medical, nursing and allied health workforce in remote and rural NSW.
RDN is a values-based, equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse back grounds, and people with disabilities to apply.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Constructing and leading evidenced based RDN stakeholder and communication strategy which includes integration with the national Rural Workforce Agency (RWA) consortium strategies.
- Understanding RDN stakeholder groups and leading the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic tactical and operational stakeholder engagement plans, programs, projects and initiatives.
- Developing and Implementing partnerships that create resources, membership, infrastructure and incremental revenue streams to enable and enhance RDN and partner services
- Establishing RDN protocols and processes for stakeholder engagement and integrated organisational-wide partnership information sharing for better and integrated relationships
- Implementing strategy to achieve NSWRDN, RWA National and program communication goals
- Overseeing the development and distribution of key messages to defined target audiences to establish goodwill with stakeholders.
- Ensuring effective liaison with the media and provide accurate and timely information about respective projects.
- Integrating RDN Public Relations Strategic Plan into broader stakeholder and Engagement Communication Strategy to ensure consistency
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent in communication, marketing or media related field.
- A minimum 5-years’ experience working in a similar role
- An understanding of Australia’s rural health industry and challenges.
- A commitment to Aboriginal health and demonstrated understanding of cultural awareness and safety.
- Excellent representational and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with, and influence, people at all levels (across all levels of the sector) and to liaise authentically with communities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with media, government, health professionals, people living in rural and remote communities and Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Outstanding writing skills and the ability to produce high quality position papers, research summaries, submissions to government and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading public relations, social marketing campaigns (community awareness/behaviour) and/or membership growth strategies.
- Experience in producing and implementing communication, community relations and stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire small teams to work effectively and productively.
- Current driver’s license and the ability to travel regularly
It would also be beneficial for the applicant to have:
- Knowledge of the health and welfare sectors relevant to NSWRDN’s target groups, particularly within remote, rural and regional NSW.
- Experience in a government, government agency or not-for-profit marketing setting.
Benefits and Culture
RDN offers a friendly culture with a range of generous employment conditions, such as a 35-hour working week, on site car parking (subject to availability), shut down between Christmas and New Year without debiting of annual leave, salary packaging options, approved study leave and the opportunity to apply for Performance Growth and Development grants.
For further details please see the attached position description.
Applicants must address the selection criteria as outlined in the application form and attach a copy of their resume in either word or PDF format.
Applications will be accepted until Monday 30 October 2017
For further information or a confidential discussion, please call Rodney Kite (HR Manager) on Ph: (02) 4924 8000