Regional Partnerships Manager - Health Workforce
Newcastle or Sydney
Regional Partnerships Manager – Health Workforce
- 35 hour week
- $89,327 to $104,215 + super + salary packaging
The NSW Rural Doctors Network (NSWRDN) is currently seeking the services of two Regional Partnership Managers to build and sustain relationships with key NSW rural health stakeholders, influencers and decision makers at both the front line and executive level.
The position will identify and/or establish opportunities to inform and collaborate NSWRDN’s Rural Primary Health Workforce Programs
About the NSW Rural Doctors Network:
RDN is a non-government, not for profit organisation that aims to ensure that the highest possible standard of healthcare is provided to rural and remote communities through the provision of programs to attract, recruit, develop and retain a highly skilled medical, nursing and allied health workforce in remote and rural NSW.
RDN is a values-based, equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from culturally and linguistically diverse back grounds, and people with disabilities to apply.
Key responsibilities of the position include:
- Drive effective engagement with a range of internal and external stakeholders relevant to rural primary health care workforce issues.
- Build trust and sustain relationships with key stakeholders, influencers and decision makers both at the frontline and at the executive level
- Drive the establishment and ongoing management of regional stakeholder groups and ensure stakeholders are recognised and engaged as partners in the development and delivery of the Needs Assessment and Activity Work plans.
- Ensure effective and proactive engagement with the Aboriginal sector to ensure the needs of indigenous communities are factored into the planning process.
- Develop and implement stakeholder engagement strategies including informing, consulting and involving stakeholders where relevant and evaluating the effectiveness of these strategies
- Be a key conduit between NSWRDN’s Workforce Team activities and stakeholder needs.
- Assist with the measurement and evaluation of communications and community relation activities against strategic objectives.
- Provide regular reports on community consultation activities and advice on emerging consultation issues.
- Liaise with stakeholders to support newly placed health professionals and their families.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, business, public relations or relevant field
- Strong stakeholder engagement and/or management skills.
- Previous experience working with the community and complex stakeholder environments;
- A commitment to Aboriginal health and demonstrated understanding of cultural awareness and safety.
- Strong understanding of consultation principles and tools and ability to apply these effectively
- Highly developed influencing and relationship management skills
- Understanding of issues management in an organisational reputation context
- Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining strong working relationships within and across organisations
- Clear, articulate and persuasive communicator that projects confidence and can inspire teams and stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively, to work under pressure and recognise and respond to sensitive issues;
- Current driver’s license and the ability to travel regularly throughout NSW
It would also be beneficial for the applicant to have:
- Demonstrated experience of stakeholder engagement with a range of rural primary health care stakeholders
- An understanding and knowledge of Australia’s rural health industry and challenges
Benefits and Culture
RDN offers a friendly culture with a range of generous employment conditions, such as a 35-hour working week, on site car parking (subject to availability), shut down between Christmas and New Year without debiting of annual leave, salary packaging options, approved study leave and the opportunity to apply for Performance Growth and Development grants.
For further details please see the attached position description.
Applicants must address the selection criteria as outlined in the application form and attach a copy of their resume in either word or PDF format.
Applications will be accepted until midnight 13 December 2017
For further information or a confidential discussion, please call Rodney Kite (HR Manager) on Ph: (02) 4924 8000